[mythtv-users] ATSC antenna recomendations

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Nov 18 04:26:43 UTC 2008

Mark Jenks wrote:
> I've always been the kind of person that won't put an antenna in the
> house anywhere.  If you want good reception and want to do it right,
> put one up on the roof.  You don't need a rotor, just a good 5.5 or 6
> ft antenna.

I think you missed the part where he said he lived in an apartment
complex.  (The FCC rule that says they can't stop you from erecting an
antenna only applies to areas you have exclusive access to, like
balconies; it doesn't apply to common areas like the building roof.  It
also doesn't say they have to let you drill a hole to get the cable inside.)