[mythtv-users] Need help configuring myth for TimeWarner

Mark Jenks mjenks1968 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 01:48:37 UTC 2008

Hello all!

Been using Myth for about 4 years now w/ OTA, and am working on seting up a
new config. I am working on setting up a mythtv box on Fedora 9 because of
the Motherboard that I selected (M3N78 Pro).  I'm getting close to the audio
part of it working, but that's a whole other story.

I currently have TimeWarner and a SA4250HD box w/ firewire.   I tried to
scan QAM-256 on my Hauppauge 1800, and it makes it most of the way through
and crashes, but all the channels aren't in the same order as my Schedules
Direct.

I did try and connect it via Firewire (prefered setup), and I get an error
about the 4250 not being able to change channels, and the backend crashes.
I did have to run mythtv-setup as root to get it to find the GUID (whatever
that is).

Anyone else is Wisconsin, or on TW that could share their mythttv-setup with
me on how you scanned the channels or imported and got Schedules Direct in
sync?

Any help or direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mark