[mythtv-users] howto use storcenter upnp?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Nov 17 06:03:37 UTC 2008

steve wrote:
> David L wrote:
>
>> I'm abandoning hopes of getting my HVR-950 working with
>> MythTv.  :(  So I'm recording show with the Windows app that
>> came with it and putting the files on my Iomega Storcenter
>> that has a UPnP media server.  How can I get mythfrontend
>> set up to use that server?  I've gone through the mythtv-setup
>> and can't figure out how to tell it about the storcenter.
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>>                        Dave
>>

> you can try what I do for video I have NAS stored, under myth setup
> there is the recordings directory you can change that to whatever you
> want it to be.  say /home/yourname/video and mount your storcenter
> shared folder there.  if you want it to mount on boot then you have to
> store the mount in /etc/fstab   heres a link that will help you with
> that......... its for ubuntu, youll have to google for your os
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab
>
> this is what I use in fstab
> //freenas/nas/video /home/steve/video cifs username=steve 0 0

That won't do a damn thing.  Mythtv does not automatically add spurious
files it finds in the recording directory to the recordings list.  There
are scripts that facilitate adding videos into the recordings list, but
its not particularly straight forward.

Use the mythvideo plugin instead.  Follow the same directions steve
gave, but give the directory to mythvideo in the frontend settings,
rather than the storage group in mythtv-setup.