[mythtv-users] Monolith Pre-made MythTV Box?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux charles at reptile.ca
Sun Nov 16 19:34:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:03 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How much do I want to spend?
>> You can certainly build one cheaper and at least as powerful for much less.
>> Obviously you have to be willing to support it yourself if you go this
>> route.
>>
> With the specs that they are listing, you could easily build the same
> machine at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

So for considering the time vs. cost question (of whether to just
purchase a system like this or build one myself) I should probably
look at this as... can I build a MythTV box myself in $300 to $400
worth of time.

(Give that you are stating that that machine is overpriced by about
$300 to $400.)

--
Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
http://changelog.ca/