[mythtv-users] Monolith Pre-made MythTV Box?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Nov 16 19:22:45 UTC 2008

Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> I also wonder how they handle the listing subscription. I don't think
>> they are supposed to sell a machine with that already set up. The end
>> user is supposed to do that him/herself.
>
> Sorry for the ignorance.  What's a listing subscription?  And what are
> the issues involved with it?

In the US I'm talking about SchedulesDirect. According to the agreement
I signed when I subscribed to them, I do not think I am allowed to sell
a machine with a subscription already set up. A Myth machine without
listings data is just a fancy media player.

Things like that are what led to Tribune Media ceasing to make the data
available for free to "hobbyists", and led to the founding of SD, I believe.

beww