[mythtv-users] New Backend - Hardware suggestions

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sun Nov 16 17:02:25 UTC 2008

Christian Hocken wrote:
> Sounds good. Do you use virtualization, too? I can't decide between
> Xen and KVM.

Don't know what you're talking about here.
> The specs of the mainboard sound very promising but it seems to be
> out of stock in Germany and probably won't become available anymore.
> No price comparison tool has listed it at the moment.
> Does anybody know if there is another mainboard out there which has
> nearly the same specs?

Does newegg ship to Germany?  That's where I got my stuff.
> Regarding the clients: Do you already have some cases in mind? I like
> the Origen S14V a lot but it's fairly expensive.

No, I haven't been working on the frontends yet.  I'm planning to use my
old backend/frontend and second frontend temporarily.
Then transition to the small diskless frontends that will do HD in time.