[mythtv-users] Time to take the next step...

Johan Heikkilä johan.heikkila at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 11:19:05 UTC 2008

I have the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo as a backend and have experienced
stability issues. The motherboard temp has to be kept low so cooling
has to be good. The onboard SATA controller has some issues, newer
bios is needed. It didn't always find the attached drives upon
booting. I use a PCI SATA controller. I don't recommend software raid
with this setup. A better mobo and sata controller is recommended. I'm
going to throw it out. Already bought a Supermicro PDSGE motherboard
including a PCI-X SAS controller. This is a server-like motherboard
with ECC memory and I expect better stability than the Asus.