[mythtv-users] New Backend - Hardware suggestions

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sun Nov 16 03:50:31 UTC 2008

You're doing almost exactly what I'm doing right now.  In fact I just
finished the main build tonight.
My config is:
Supermicro PDSMA mainboard
Q6700 quad core intel
4GB ram
2x seagate 500Gb drives in Raid 1 for OS and basic backed up storage/NAS
Supermicro PCI-X SATA card
4x WD green drives 1TB ea in JBOD.
the mb has 2 Gb nics.

I think your choice of hardware is fine.  I also plan small diskless
frontends booted off images on the server.

suggest you get a separate drive for your OS and mysql database.  Use
the rest in raid for your storage.

have fun!