[mythtv-users] I can't configure Hauppauge HD-PVR in mythtv-setup. help. . .

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Nov 16 03:06:29 UTC 2008

On Nov 15, 2008, at 6:58 PM, ryan patterson wrote:

> I figured out the problem.  I ended up with two copies of all the
> mythtv binaries installed.  One in /usr/bin and one in /usr/local/
> bin.  So I was executing the wrong mythtv-setup.  I should have
> caught this before posting to the list.  It just took some
> fundamental basic troubleshooting.
>
> I am a lot further along now.  Mythtv sees the HD-PVR and I can get
> it to record a program.  But mythtv will not play back the recording
> ( error message: "Could not open codec 0x1f9cd70, id(AAC)
> type(Audio) aborting. reason -1" ).  But I can use VLC to play the
> file stored in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings no problem.
>
> I'm so close I can taste it.  I'm 95% of the way there.  Any ideas
> why mythtv wont playback the recording?

I had this problem when I downloaded the mythtv source code after
installing the libfaa* libraries. I ended up deleting the source code
directory, downloading again then recompiling and it was find. I'm not
sure why, but that's what worked for me. (I got the idea from finding
the same problem/solution in a google search so it's not just me.)

-Brad