[mythtv-users] LVM: /dev/vg/data not mounting my mythtv data like it used to

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:19:09 UTC 2008

I recently deleted a couple of partitions that I didn't need anymore from
one of my mythtv disks. I wanted to add the freed space to my lvm volume
that I use for my mythtv data. I backed up the data on the disk, then I just
made one large lvm partition on the disk. I then recreated my volume group
name 'vg' and my logical volume named 'data'. Prior to my tinkering I could
just mount /dev/vg/data to /mnt/data. Now when I try to mount it that way I
get this:

user at pvr:/mnt$ sudo mount -t xfs /dev/vg/data /mnt/data
mount: /dev/mapper/vg-data already mounted or /mnt/data busy

I have figured out that I can mount the partition by using
/dev/mapper/vg-datap1. I am a little out of my comfort zone with lvm. Does
anybody know what I may have done to mess up the old way I mounted my
logical volume? I am just worried I messed something up and it is going to
come back to bite me later and maybe mess up my data.