[mythtv-users] Mythbackend dying, log excerpt included

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Sat Nov 15 07:20:03 UTC 2008

> I don't know since you didn't say, but if you are running mythtv via
> pre-packaged binaries (Fedora:ATRPMS, Mythbuntu, etc.), I'd say check to
> make sure you have the right version of all your libraries and packages
> - check to see if there are any updates available for your distro.
>
> If you are compiling from source, I would say again - check your library
> dependencies for your particular combination of Mythtv version and Linux
> distro.

I am using Arch linux and the MythTV from the package manager (pacman),
here's the show info from pacman:

Name           : mythtv
Version        : 0.21-1
URL            : http://www.mythtv.org/
Licenses       : GPL2
Groups         : pvr
Provides       : None
Depends On     : bash  mysql-clients>=5.0  qt3  lame  lirc-utils  ffmpeg
libxvmc
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : mytharchive  myththemes  mythweather  mythweb
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 39839.30 K
Packager       : Juergen Hoetzel <juergen at archlinux.org>
Architecture   : i686
Build Date     : Wed 26 Mar 2008 03:00:08 PM EDT
Install Date   : Thu 03 Apr 2008 04:53:46 PM EDT
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : Yes
Description    : A Homebrew PVR project

I am wondering if it's to do with the database now being on an old IDE
drive. But the log excerpt I showed indicates otherwise. Really stumped here
and it's died a few more times in the last few days :(

Bob