[mythtv-users] patch to increase mythmusic scanning output verbosity?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 18:46:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org> wrote:
> Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>, said on Wed Nov 12, 2008 [11:26:10 PM]:
> } I'm having some problems with MythMusic scanning my music but can't
> } figure out why or which tracks are affected. Anyone have a patch to
> } increase the verbosity of MythMusic's scanning?
> }
> } thanks!
> }
>
> it may be too much info but there are various levels of "verbose" output
> from mythfrontend.
> mythfrontend -v all   (mythfrontend -v help to list what levels are there)
> to start it whilst you do a mythmusic scan to see why its having issues.
> I have had numerous problems with ogg files with id3v? tags as
> that confuses mythmusic. occasionally funky characters but most of
> those get fixes in the trunk by now.

I've been running with -v all, sadly it only seems to show some of the
tracks it scans (ie theres more in the database than what it shows in
the log output), thus the need for a patch that will show in the log
what track its starting to look at so I can see where it is failing.

thanks!
--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/