[mythtv-users] Default character set

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Fri Nov 14 18:32:05 UTC 2008

Mike,

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> It sounds like your schema is fine, so you're probably in a good place
> for the upgrade to 0.22, but even if that's not the
> case--realistically--what's the benefit of finding out that your data is
> broken /now/ over finding it out when you upgrade 0.22?

Knowing up-front that the upgrade will fail is useful information, I
think. This provides the option of not upgrading.

In my case, for example, I'm on Ubuntu 7.10. There are a few reasons why
I'm not yet upgrading to 8.04, the fact that my Myth system is working
just fine being one of them. At some point I will be forced to upgrade
my distro (due to support for 7.10 being withdrawn), at which time an
upgrade to whichever version of MythTV is then current will come as part
of the package.

Cheers, Jan