[mythtv-users] Problem w/ nVidia drivers 177.80???

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:35:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> OK, I had problems with my on-board ATI Radeon X1200 video and drivers,
> so I put an nVidia Geforce 7300 (I think that's what is is) in....  Should
> I try going
> into the "Restricted Hardware Drivers" GUI and loading those?

I have a nVidia 7300 GS and it is running great with Ubuntu 8.10 (driving a
1080p screen) on 177.80

Harry - did you install the nvidia drivers using the restricted hardware
drivers, mythbuntu control centre, or the .sh file from nvidia?  I used to
install using the nvidia file, but now find the restricted drivers page
works great for me.  What does dmesg and your Xorg log show when you boot
up?