[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Thu Nov 13 23:20:25 UTC 2008

Op donderdag 13-11-2008 om 14:51 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Brad
DerManouelian:
> On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:39 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>
> > On Thu, November 13, 2008 6:12 am, Phil Bridges wrote:
> >> Either way, this has devolved into another "fix LiveTV yourself
> >> because I don't use it" discussion, and it appears that the OP has
> >> found some assistance with the problem.
> >
> > Part of the issue here is it affects only users that use mutirec,
> > which
> > rules out most people in the U.S. from being able to code up and
> > test a
> > fix.
>
> Actually, it only affects people who use multirec *and* LiveTV and use
> the multi-rec tuner as their first choice for LiveTV which rules out
> most people. (I have this set up, but when I enter LiveTV, it will
> choose 3 tuners before it hits a multirec one so I've never run into
> it.) Convincing a developer to set up their system this way to track
> down the problem and fix it may prove rather difficult.
>
> -Brad

Well, the problem has been "localised".
I know what needs to change, I know how it should work, I'm just not too
good of a programmer to fix it.

But I will, with the help of a few friends :)
(Err, or my friends will, while I learn stuff)

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker