[mythtv-users] Use of ATRPM repositories ? (Myth on Fedora via wiki instructions)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:43:35 UTC 2008

On 13/11/2008, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
>
>  > But at least the following is undisputable: Several generations of myth
>  > users have been using ATrpms directly or indirectly (by some rebuilds
>  > or live CDs) attesting quite a high stability mark on ATrpms' managing
>  > of mythtv bits.
>  >

> Absolutely. I have been using Fedora/ATrpms since 2004 without any problems.

I attended a stock 32-bit Fedora 9 install the other day. After
updating the system against the Fedora repo, and then enabling the
atrpms.net stable repo there were a couple of yum conflicts which
broke the straightforward installation for a new user, notably PIL vs
python-imaging.

If such conflicting packages such as these are available from the
master Fedora updates repo_and_ a 3rd party repo, why would a
3rd-party repo (this question is not just limited to atrpms.net) _not_
drop them to remove the conflict, and allow a painless installation?
This doesn't just apply to MythTV installations either, but it is
where I have had to resolve the most yum conflicts over the years.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: