[mythtv-users] Use of ATRPM repositories ? (Myth on Fedora via wiki instructions)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Nov 13 20:05:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:26:21PM -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > I'm installing mythtv by the instructions given here:
> >
> > http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora
> >
> > After I enabled the ATRPMs repositories, yum wants to do an update.
> > But when I run it, I get a bunch of conflicts as shown below.   How do I
> > resolve them ?
>
> Most people installing MythTV are installing it on a dedicated front or
> back end.  In those cases, it is highly recommended to install Fedora,
> then install MythTV.  If you wish to install any other non-everything
> software, enable the other repositories that you need.  If you find
> conflicts, you will need to deal with them as you find them.
>
> This is the primary reason why ATRPMs is not a part of the new RPMFusion
> repositories.

Actually this is not true. In fact the RPMFusion project was started
by ATrpms and livna, but some people (or mainly one person) drove away
Dag, Dries, CentOS, SL and ATrpms, so we started rpmrepo.org.

I'm quite sad it didn't work out, we could have been having a single
common repo now. :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net