[mythtv-users] iptables not blocking traffic from MBE to SBE

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Nov 13 18:44:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, November 13, 2008 10:12 am, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:

>> Heh.  Do what I do - put login limits into /etc/security/time.conf and
>> then use cron to restart gdm.  Also use cron to execute shutdown -h now
>> when it's time to go do bed.
>>
>> My kids cannot log in to their computers before 5PM and after 7:45 AM.
>> Works like a charm.
>>
>> Next, a serial cable to the TV so I can shut it down from cron (my TV
>> has a serial port for limited control.)
>>
>> I wrote a xwall script that mimics wall and puts a message on x screens
>> warning of impending doom - like forced logouts and shutdowns.  :-)
>>
> You have teenage children who can't edit cron tables or pull out a serial
> plug?

I have children who don't have the root password (yet).  Or at least
they're very good at hiding it.  :-)

The rest of it is parental supervision and authority.  I know it's old
fashioned but we do have that at my house.  :-)

--Yan

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.