[mythtv-users] [mythtv] SVN-HD-PVR. Just before I destroy my system with an update....

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Nov 13 18:34:19 UTC 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> -How about a small status on what is/is not working with SVN and the
>> HD-PVR?  Playback issues or anything?
>
> Does tuning work?  How do you get myth to change the channel on
> the HD-PVR source?
>
> What about multiple HD-PVRs on one backend?
>
>> I simply want to get some information before I upgrade today.
>
> -derek

Moving this from the -dev list since this discussion belongs on the -
users list.

HD-PVR comes with an IR blaster for changing channels. I haven't used
it because I change channels on my STB with with a serial cable.
However you are currently tuning is how you should continue to tune.

I am running two HD-PVR's on my backend. They work just fine. The only
issue I have is that they sometimes swap devices on me and I can't
find anything different enough about them to institute a udev rule to
keep them from doing that. Every time I reboot my machine, I have to
make sure the channel change script is changing the STB connected to
the correct HD-PVR. Once that's done (it usually needs no
modification), everything works fine.

By the way.. I just install libx264 from last night's build and I'm
still getting an error compiling trunk (19089):
libx264.c: In function ‘X264_init’:
libx264.c:165: error: ‘x264_param_t’ has no member named
‘b_bframe_adaptive’
libx264.c:230: error: ‘struct <anonymous>’ has no member named
‘b_bidir_me’
libx264.c:231: error: ‘struct <anonymous>’ has no member named
‘b_bframe_rdo’

If anyone has a recommendation, I'm all ears.

-Brad