[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Wed Nov 12 23:19:51 UTC 2008

Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 22:45 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Nick
Morrott:
> On 12/11/2008, Jelle De Loecker <skerit at kipdola.com> wrote:
> > Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 13:58 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef David C.
> >  Uhrig:
> >
> > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > > I must be missing something.  You're upset because LiveTV starts on a
> >  > > channel you're not expecting?  Because if I want to watch something live, I
> >  > > start LiveTV, hit Menu, go to Guide, pick what I want to watch and it tunes
> >  > > it just fine.
> >  > >
> >  > > Kevin
> >  >
> >  > I'm not exactly seeing the problem either. Every time I've watched
> >  > LiveTV, MythTV defaults to an open tuner. If all tuners are in use, it
> >  > asks me if I want to watch one of the show that I'm recording. Also
> >  > when on LiveTV, I can switch to other tuners that are not recording
> >  > from the Menu, and if the tuner I'm watching LiveTV on is getting
> >  > ready to record something, MythTV prompts me to ask if I want to
> >  > record it or keep watching what I already had on.
> >  >
> >  > Is LiveTV sending you to a tuner that is currently recording or one
> >  > that is not recording? Are you asking that LiveTV send you to the
> >  > available tuner that has the longest "down time" until the next
> >  > scheduled recording?
> >  >
> >  > -David C. Uhrig
> >

> > Yes but what kind of tuner do you have?
> >  Are you using virtual tuners, multirec?
>
> I'm thinking this issue affects mostly European and Australasian users
> who use DVB-T/S and can benefit from multirec?

Indeed.

It's good to realise this, now we know what the most likely problem is:
it doesn't hold multirec into account.

So it sees an available tuner and goes for it, no matter what *real*
capture device is behind it.

Can we not consider this a feature request but a bug from this time on?