[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Wed Nov 12 22:18:17 UTC 2008

Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 17:04 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Michael T.
Dean:
> On 11/12/2008 04:59 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:34:10 am Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I just want to ask for a bit of attention to a very old problem:
> >> For some strange reason, LiveTV can't switch the tuner automatically.
> >>

> > Trouble is LiveTV by default picks the first available tuner, which given
> > multirec means its locked to one multiplex if already recording.
> >
> > There's an option - can't remember where, which cause's LiveTV to go to the
> > *last* available tuner, which 99% time is completely free.
> >

> Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
> If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
> scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.
>
> In General TV settings.

I did try this.
I had this enabled to begin with, along with the other option (move
recordings).
It didn't work.

To cover all my bases, I just enabled the "Avoid conflicts" option and
disabled the "Move recordings" option, but it did not work. It would not
switch to the correct tuner.