[mythtv-users] Corrupted output from PVR-150

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Wed Nov 12 18:39:24 UTC 2008

On 10/24/08, Anduin Withers <awithers at anduin.com> wrote:
>  > It is really hard to describe what the mpg produced by this card is
>  > doing.  I'll see if I can post a clip somewhere.  My next
>  > trouble-shooting step will be to make the troubled card the only
>  > capture device in the system and see what happens.  I'll also attempt
>  > to access it via other applications to rule out Myth, but I highly
>  > doubt Myth is the culprit.
>
> You should try different channels and the S-Video port as well.
>
> --
> Anduin Withers

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions on this.  I ended up shuffling all my PCI
cards around and it seemed to eliminate the issue.  Specifically I
made sure that the newer card loaded before the known good card.  All
was well for a couple weeks.

Now, seemingly unrelated but maybe not, the whole system is dead.
After many reboots, where it locks up in random spots during the boot
process or shortly there after, I actually looked at the mobo.  Turns
out that a couple of the caps went bad and oozed their juice.

It's funny how much we use MythTV now.  We had to use VHS last night
to record a show that we would have otherwise missed.  You forget the
simple things, like having to wait until a show is actually done
recording to watch it.

Wish me luck in getting a new box up and running tonight,
-Mark