[mythtv-users] Using a second digital sound card

Oz Dror ozdror at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 12 05:25:39 UTC 2008

My situation is different.

I have dual monitor system. The second monitor is HDTV and the first is
a regular ubuntu desktop
I actually need to used both sound cards. I need the first default card
to be used by the pc desktop.
the second card needs to be a digital sound for the HDTV.

This is because I cannot share one card for both. In fact I cannot use
the analog port for the desktop
and the digital for the HDTV simultaneously.

Based on your recommendation I will loose the first card.

Back to my question is it possible to assign the second card to
ALSA:default (in mythtv) and keep the first card as the
ubuntu system default.

-Oz