[mythtv-users] Question about updating to SVN trunk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 12 03:26:38 UTC 2008

On 11/11/2008 10:09 PM, Scott Traurig wrote:
> I've been thinking of taking the plunge into the wild frontier
> beyond 16790 in order to get the button problem resolved. Which brings me to
> my point and a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Any huge issues going past changeset 16790?

There's no going back.

Better would be to install current 0.21-fixes.  If you're running trunk
r16579, you can switch to 0.21-fixes without any issues.

Just use your trunk checkout and

Assuming you checked out trunk with:
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/

Do:
svn switch http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-21-fixes/
rm mythtv/version.pro && svn revert mythtv/version.pro

If you checked out individual directories within trunk, do the same as
above, but add the directory name to the end.  Also, note that you only
need rm & revert version.pro in the mythtv directory (it's not in other
dirs).

Mike