[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Blaster help Centos 5.2

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 00:02:22 UTC 2008

Gregg wrote:
> Ok.  Figured it out.  I guess sometimes people need the obvious
> pointed out :)  It was right on the website. Oops.
> I have the ability to change channels from the command line using the
> blaster, but the script I have from the site doesn't seem to work,
> well it works partially.  It leaves a log in /var/log/channel, and I
> can see the button presses, but the satellite will not change.  I
> think I set permissions right on the script chmod +x.  Is there a
> setting in mythtv that I am missing?  I set the script in mythtvsetup
> to run from /usr/bin/change_channel.  Below is the permission
> settings.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1382 Nov 10 20:47 change_channel
>
> Thanks again.
>
> -Gregg

Hi Gregg,

I too have the PVR-150 and am using the blaster with a Comcast STB.  One
thing I learned by luck is the power of the blaster is *very* low.  The
STB would not respond to the blaster until, by luck, I directed the top
end of the blaster to the IR receiver.  If I'm off by so much as a few
millimeters, the STB won't respond.

The lircd.conf file contains something like 500+ different blaster
codes.  I used Mark's generic send script and looped thru each power
command until I found one that worked.

When you say you see the button presses, are you seeing it on the screen
or in the log?  If you are seeing it on the screen, I found I had to
send an additional IR command which simulates hitting the 'ok' or
'enter' button on the remote.

Good luck!
Rick