[mythtv-users] Merging 2 XMLTV sources into one video source

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Nov 11 16:40:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 17:23 +0100, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> David has already pointed you at the help I got here recently on a
> very
> much related matter. Some more info:
>
> - configure each grabber to only grab the channels you need;

sure.

> - it is not actually required to merge the various xmltv files before
> feeding them to myhthfilldatabase.

That's what I kind of guessed following the flow of posts.

This begs the question of needing to configure much in the "satellite"
video source as everything (grabing and mythfilldatabase) being done
outside through cron jobs.

Please correct me, this is all still a bit hazy to me. I'll need to
spend a bit of time in front of the system this evening.

>  In fact you can't (and tv_cat will
> refuse to do so) if the encoding is not the same in all files being
> merged.

I saw that on my tests on the laptop. I could go around the problem as
the UK RT graber can be configured on a common encoding.

Thanks again!

Nico