[mythtv-users] MythArchive problem with large files

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Nov 11 12:19:43 UTC 2008

A strange problem with MythArchive when saving or loading native
archive files, I use this to move recordings from a friend's Myth
backend to mine, he has freesat I have Freeview. When transferring
larger files, usually BBC HD the progress in the log file usually goes
well over 100%, I've seen 560% on occasion.

I've googled this list and the many Wikis for any answer to this but I
seem to be the only one who's noticed this. Not sure exactly the file
size that causes the miscalculation but I'd guess around 2G as it
doesn't show up on SD recordings unless it's a long film. Looking in
the xml files that mytharchive generates the file sizes are correct
and the problem shows both on export and import.

I've tried to find the script that MythArchive uses to see if I can
fix it but can only find mythburn.py which seems to have nothing to do
with archiving to native files. It would be good to find the code for
native archive import as importing one show at a time is a bit
tedious, would be good to add some batch import.

Anyone know anything about this issue? Anyone know where this code is
located so I can go hunting?

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy on both backends, using the hardy builds from
weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org for the Freesat EPG updates, the problem
was still there on the original Hardy Myth install though.

Andre