[mythtv-users] Can't tune all channels; suspect video driver

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 23:52:24 UTC 2008

Arthur Green wrote:
> Harry Devine wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>

>> Thanks for the tip.  I made those changes to xorg.conf and I still have
>> the "stacked" double image (nice description for it, BTW).  So, I'm now
>> looking at /etc/ati/amdpcsb file, but I have NO idea how to correlate
>> those values to xorg.conf.  What should I be looking for?  Should I post
>> that file?
>>

> Looking at /etc/ati/amdpcsb on my mythbox, I can't find the entries that
> I had to mangle to ensure I removed the stacked image. From my notes, it
> looks as if I got the desired effect by changing xorg.conf, renaming
> amdpcsb and then restarting X. fglrx creates the file if it can't find
> it, using values specified in xorg.conf.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Harry
>>

>   - Arthur

Nope, no good.  I renamed the amdpcsb file and rebooted and the video in
the front end is now worse than before.  To save bandwidth, I put up my
results at: http://www.ourapplecart.com/xorg.html .  It has a screen
capture of what my frontend looks like now, as well as the contents of
my xorg.conf and amdpcsb files.

Let me know if you want to see anything else.  My Xorg.0.log file looked
fine.

Thanks,
Harry