[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 21:47:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:39 PM, C.T. Paterson <i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well this is all somewhat discouraging.  A hard drive failure prompted
> me to upgrade from mythbuntu 8.04 to mythbuntu 8.10 last week.  Since
> I've started using 8.10, I've been experiencing exactly the problem
> described.
>
> Keypresses on a PS2 keyboard also seem to be affected when it happens.
>  I've been tracking an Xorg spike in CPU usage that also came for free
> with the 8.10 upgrade, but I get the spike without command lag, so I'm
> not entirely convinced they're related.

Tonight I will try just running the mythfrontend from the old system's
root partition (I ping-pong installations between 2 root partitions so
I can go back to a fully working one quickly.  Unfortunately in this
case, audio wasn't working with the old installation on the new
hardware).  The mythfrontend there is version 17961M (vs 18753M on the
new one), showing the same "Library API" and "Network Protocol", so
I'm hoping that I can just run the old executable and it'll work
enough to see if the same issue occurs.  Unless I run into database
schema issues.  Will report back later...

Josh