[mythtv-users] Comcast rendering my HDHR useless

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 10 20:06:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I Agree. I don't think it's any different than the rest of this thread
> where people are concerned/complaining about certain channels being
> moved/removed. Companies like Comcast are going to do everything they
> can to squeeze more money out of us. Personally I'm focused on finding
> a reasonably priced ISP that doesn't have this conflict of interest -
> selling bandwidth vs. selling services over that bandwidth.

That's the biggest reason I'm with the ISP I am. They are local only, so if
you live in the Salt Lake area, let me know and I'll give you the name. I
find the local guys are much more reasonable as long as you aren't being a
jerk and messing things up for other customers. My ISP flat out told me I
could run 24/7 so long as I didn't cause problems for them. I even have a
static routable IP and permission to run server apps. I just make sure I
don't cause problems and everyone's happy. Check for local Wireless based
ISPs, I have found them to have the best speed/$ ratio without all the
hassles you get from Comcast and the like.