[mythtv-users] Comcast rendering my HDHR useless

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:56:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:39 AM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> On Mon, November 10, 2008 8:20 am, Brian Phillips wrote:
>> You really could/would watch 250 GBytes of hulu in a month?
>
> I think 250 GB/month is the camel's nose under the tent.  Once people get
> used to the idea of being capped, they'll ratchet it down to make video
> streaming services impractical.  These services represent lost revenue to
> them.

I Agree. I don't think it's any different than the rest of this thread
where people are concerned/complaining about certain channels being
moved/removed. Companies like Comcast are going to do everything they
can to squeeze more money out of us. Personally I'm focused on finding
a reasonably priced ISP that doesn't have this conflict of interest -
selling bandwidth vs. selling services over that bandwidth.

- Mark