[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Blaster help Centos 5.2

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:17:45 UTC 2008

On 10/11/2008, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/2008, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is the "one" IR command from the "DirectTV_RC16" remote definition
>  > supported by the blaster? The PVR-150 blaster can only transmit
>  > particular IR signals.
>
> Yes.  Here is the output from irsend LIST
>  irsend LIST DirectTV_RC16 "one"
>  irsend: 000000000000001d one

That's not what I was asking. The IR code you want to transmit (and
the protocol definition defined in your lircd.conf) must be compatible
with the blaster. Being listed in your lircd.conf is not enough.

The list of codes and protocol that the blaster supports is found at:

http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf

You cannot just use a standard remote definition file with the PVR-150
blaster (as you can with a homebrew transmitter), as it will likely
not support the codes/protocol it contains. You must determine which
of the codes it understands can be used to control your cable STB.
There are scripts online which iterate through all of the codesets and
will help you to discover which particular codes will control your
STB.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott