[mythtv-users] Comcast rendering my HDHR useless

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 10 16:21:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> That's where the recently enacted bandwidth limits Comcast has come into
> play.

I don't use them for internet access either, so I have no problem there. I
use a local WISP that has no bandwidth use limits. They just stipulate that
they will shut me down if I cause problems for other customers. So I
throttle my downloads during peak hours and generally be a good network
citizen. They have not had any problems with me. It helps that 90% of what
we watch is available OTA or via Netflix.

I do realize that many people have limited options for network access. So if
you have Comcast and can't change, perhaps my way won't work so well. Just
offering suggestions for the now "useless" HDHR. :)