[mythtv-users] Help with TV out ( S-VIDEO / RCA ) with Nvidia - Cards or MOBOs

Jeff Holicky myth.myth_user at myth.sent.com
Mon Nov 10 01:33:30 UTC 2008

I am going around in circles trying to solve - what modern MOBO
(ASUS) or cheapo Nvidia card support S-VIDEO and RCA (composite)
out?  Are there cards / MOBOs I should be looking at? (Wiki on
S-VIDEO out seems to suggest older gear).
Or should I not bother with that criteria (as long as the board
has the proper drivers) - and instead concentrate on getting a
board/MOBO with DVI and merely buy a DVI to S-VIDEO / COMPOSITE
converter?
Once such a best exists at Apple -
http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9267G/A
Would that work?  Does Nvidia have a cheapo standard converter?
So far the only MOBOS that have this stuff are the VIA boards.  I
do have a need for both S-VIDEO and RCA for playback on SD TVs.
Help would be appreciated!
jeff