[mythtv-users] Can't use remote in Mplayer

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Nov 8 20:10:58 UTC 2008

On Nov 8, 2008, at 11:58 AM, shacky wrote:

>>       "ln -s /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc /home/mythtv/.lircrc"
>> will create a link
>> to the existing file that can be found by mplayer. (no quotes and
>> watch the
>> periods carefully).
>
> Yes, as I wrote that file is in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc, but it
> still has a symbolic link at /home/mythtv/.lircrc.
> But it still does not work.

Are you sure mplayer with compiled with lirc enabled (if you compiled
yourself)?

I would also check to make sure irw reports the exact same button name
as defined in your ~/.lircrc file. Back/Exit seems like a weird button
name to have defined, for instance.
And this might sound obvious, but I assume you are running at the
mythtv user and not some other user account which would need its own
~/.lircrc file...

Basically, from all the information you've given it should work so
either you're not giving us the right information or something very
out of the ordinary is happening on your system.

-Brad