[mythtv-users] Asus My Cinema U3100 mini USB on Mythdora

Daniel Buijs dbuijs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:55:57 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the Asus My Cinema
U3100 mini USB working under any flavor of Fedora?

It sounds like this thing is plug and play for Mythbuntu (I haven't
checked this).

I can't seem to get it recognized. It gets recognized as a USB
device, but dvb-usb doesn't pick it up. Asus has a driver for it, but
it's in a .deb package, and they don't seem to offer the source
packages. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

I did get dvb-usb from LinuxTV and compiled it fresh. I have a /lib/
firmware with the right name, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the
same as the one used on Mythbuntu.

I'm running Mythdora 5.0, freshly upgraded to 2.6.26.6-49.fc8. It's
an Athlon 64 system, but I'm running the i386 kernel.

If no one has any ideas, the next thing I'll try is a fresh install.
I really like Fedora and would really rather not switch to Ubuntu
unless I absolutely have to.

Dan