[mythtv-users] Ps3 and hdhomerun playback

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Nov 4 18:48:28 UTC 2008

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> I currently have a backend only machine with 1 hdhomerun and a PVR500.
> Anything recorded by the PVR works great on the PS3 via the uPNP server.
> However, anything recorded by the hdhomerun has no sound. The video
> works great and has no problems other then there being no audio
> whatsoever. Any ideas?

PS3 is a really cranky UPnP client. I gave up on the idea of using it as
a frontend for anything but static images and MP3 on a UPnP server, and
then MythTV is kind of cranky as a UPnP server, so I had to disable UPnP
on mythbackend and use Mediatomb instead - sigh. :-(

I ended up building a dedicated MythTV frontend that sits next to the
PS3. Being a frontend, it can be rebooted, hence the Windows partition
for games. The perfect complement for the PS3, which is now used mostly
for BD and DVD playing, static image viewing over UPnP, and some gaming.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/