[mythtv-users] Frontend over wireless

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 13:39:28 UTC 2008

>> Here's my setup:
>> Server running mythbackend.
>> Wired NIC on
>> Wireless NIC on
>> Wired works a treat.
>> Recently tried setting up my Acer Apsire One over wireless network for a
>> mythfrontend. Installed fine, set server as Frontend starts,
>> connects to mythconverg and all is looking great. However, when I goto
>> watch live TV or recorded programmes the frontend tries to connect to
>> Why? I do not understand - I haven't mentioned that IP
>> in my frontend setup at all.
> Well...sounds like some basic networking principles missing here...
> What is your netmask?  I'm guessing you are on 2 different subnets

I'm sure I am missing some basic network principles!

my wired card is setup thusly:

inet addr:  Bcast:  Mask:

my wireless card is setup like this:

inet addr:  Bcast:  Mask:

Can you see the problem?

I am also using iptables to route ineternet packets to/from both the
aforementioned cards to my, 3rd, external NIC.

thanks for your help!