[mythtv-users] searching previously recorded stuff

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 3 21:10:46 UTC 2008

On Nov 3, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 11/03/2008 11:31 AM, Steve Heistand wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:18:25 -0600, Glen Sagers wrote

>>> Or the mythweb interface shows at least the titles.
>> all 1200+ of them.. its too slow to load them all in
>> one page and flipping through 50 pages searching is
>> a pain.  I suspect its best to hack up some scripts
>> to do direct sql searches.
>
> Someone needs to set up recording groups so he can limit the number of
> recordings displayed using "Show group:".  Then again, you can also
> limit it by title, and I'm pretty sure you have titles.  Note that it
> will even remember the last view, so if you leave the page on a title,
> going back to it will be fast.  (OK, I'm assuming that there are many
> different titles among your 1200+ recorded shows.)

Frontend will automatically categorize by genre if that information is
available in the metadata. I guess the simple answer is "No, you can't
search". The better response is. "What exactly are you trying to
achieve and maybe we have a suggestion to help you get there." Trying
to figure out what you should watch? (Watch List might help.) Tired of
navigating through all the programs to get to the one you want? (Page
Up/Down will help.)