[mythtv-users] A quick look at Mythbuntu 8.10

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 3 20:01:12 UTC 2008

On Nov 3, 2008, at 11:51 AM, James Crow wrote:

> Did you look at top during OTA HD playback? I am using Mythbuntu
> 8.10 on
> two machines (Athlon 64x2 5000+, 2.6 GHz and Geforce 8400gs cards) and
> they easily handle HD mpeg2. If I watch with top (or htop) I see that
> mythfrontend consumes about 60% and X about 15% so there is room to
> spare. I am able to view SD content on my desktop (Athlon x2 3800+
> 2.0GHz) at 1680x1050 with the nv driver without problem. I don't
> think I
> have tried OTA HD on it.
>
> I also switched from KnoppMyth to Mythbuntu and found the screen
> saver a
> bit odd at first. It does not activate while watching a recording
> (video
> files, etc) though and so it has never been a problem for me.

I believe the screensaver is configured as on by default because a lot
of people in the past have had problems getting it to work correctly
(would blank while watching programs, TV would sleep and not wake up,
etc), so now instead of fighting to get it to work, you can just turn
it off if you don't want it.