[mythtv-users] No playback since upgrade to bigger harddrive

Rancher SD ranchersd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 19:22:35 UTC 2008

I changed to a bigger harddrive with the help of Acronis True Image. No
prolems before upgrade, nothing but problems since. My build uses FC 6. To
make this the image transfer a quicker process, I deleted the contents of my
/video/store and cleaned up the Recorded Program menu. I have since recorded
several new programs.

My problem is that when a go to play LiveTV, a newly recorded program, or a
DVD, the frontend hangs immediately. When trying to play a recorded show, I
can here audio skipping like an old record so I know it is trying to start
up but the screen never shows video and never progresses. In the "Play
Recordings - Program Details' ,  the preview box plays without issue. I am
not sure where to look for clues. Log files are no help so far (messages and
mythtv.backend).

I have tried to rebuild with newer version of Fedora and Myth but have not
had any success with getting nVidia drivers working with my gForce fx4000
video card. Instead of buying a newer card, I have decided to try to get my
old installation working but am having the above mentioned problems.

Also worth noting is that I have not, since my attempted HDD upgrade, been
able to boot with the TV as the display device. The video never comes up on
TV so I am working first to resolve what I can booting with a monitor. Not
sure if this is related to my other problem. I hope the problems are related
but if not I will tackle one at a time.

I would appreciate any advice.

thanks, Dan