[mythtv-users] HD-Homerun rescan doesn't map chanel numbers

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Mon Nov 3 14:44:25 UTC 2008

I'm not sure how to describe this, so bear with me.

After re-aiming my antenna yesterday to pick up additional digital chanels,
I did a rescan on my HD-Homerun to pick them up. When I initially set up the
HD-Homerun, it maped the 'actual' ATSC channel numbers to the 'legacy'
changel numbers, as in WABC-DT New York is on ATSC 45.1-45.3, but got mapped
as 7.1 - 7.3.

The rescan yesterday, however, did not change the chanel number mapping,
instead adding the new chanels as their ATSC number. After doing the initial
scan as "Minimal Update", I tried "Rename" and "Delete" -- and now ALL my
digital chanels are listed as their ATSC numbers.

I don't think the stations all changed something, because my digital
converter box rescanned them correctly.

Has something changed in Myth, or am I forgetting a step ?

-Chris