[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend 0.21-fixes SVN crashing

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Mon Nov 3 07:28:47 UTC 2008

Ever since I rebuilt my media center with a clean install of CentOS 5
and got the latest version of myth from the SVN (0.21-fixes branch) I
have been having issues with mythfrontend crashing after running for a
while. The amount of time it will run seems random. Sometimes it will
run for several hours just fine, others it crashes before it can even
display anything. This happens in the middle of recording playback or
just sitting in the menu doing nothing. The only error that appears is:

ASSERT: "it.node != node" in /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (301)
Segmentation fault

The only other odd error I've noticed is:

2008-11-02 22:41:25.128 MythPlugin::init() dlerror:
/usr/lib64/mythtv/plugins/liblibmythmythfrontend.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

liblibmythmythfrontend.so seems an odd name for a shared object file,
I'm not surprised it can't find it - but I didn't modify it, this is
right out of the log...

That obviously isn't very much info so I rebuilt mythfrontend with debug
symbols and ran it under gdb, then just let it sit until it crashed
(didn't take long), the debugger output is as follows:

Starting program: /usr/bin/mythfrontend mythfrontend
2008-11-02 22:45:26.937 Using runtime prefix = /usr
[New Thread 47684228864720 (LWP 31543)]
[New Thread 1106733376 (LWP 31544)]
[New Thread 1117223232 (LWP 31545)]
[New Thread 1127713088 (LWP 31546)]

ASSERT: "it.node != node" in /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (301)

[Switching to Thread 1127713088 (LWP 31546)]
0x0000003de62381c0 in QString::QString ()
   from /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3

Output of mythfrontend --version

MythTV Version   : 18804
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux debug use_hidesyms using_oss using_alsa using_backend
using_frontend using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_opengl using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_xvmc_pbuffer

Any ideas? Any more info you would include if you were going to file a
bug on this?

PS. This is a dual frontend/backend machine, the backend runs perfectly
fine and stable - frontend is the only issue here.

Thanks,
Erik