[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: How to connect HDTV+5.1 speakers to comp?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Sun Nov 2 22:13:14 UTC 2008

I'm going to be getting a decent HDTV soon along with a new surround system
so I can use it for all myth FE/video watching. Now currently I watch stuff
on my desktop, I have 5.1 fully working and all with Logi speakers.

My question is if I get a "regular" surround system (not PC speakers) how
would I connect it to my computer exactly? I'm guessing there's some device
in between where I'd plug the 5.1 > device and then device has a computer
compatible input? I have never setup equipment other than PC stuff, so quite
the noob in this respect.

Thanks very much,
Bob