[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV 1250 not working

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 1 18:58:04 UTC 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008, Paulin wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Well I got my myth box up and working (mostly).  I can't seem to get the
> Hauppauge WinTV 1250 card working.  I don't get a picture/signal.
>
> I have Comcast and I believe I should be getting a digital signal (basic
> cable service only and no box).

From what I understand, regular cable with no box is pure analog, you get no
access to the digital content at all (if you're not paying for digital cable,
they are likely to have it filtered out)

So what you need to try is to connect to the analog tuner if the 1250 has one,
and hopefully the drivers for the 1250 fully support analog (I hear some of
the HVRs have issues with analog)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca