[mythtv-users] Why is fast motion blurry

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Nov 1 11:45:50 UTC 2008

Matt Hakim wrote:

> hi, linear blend deinterlace will give you blurry high motion. this is
> because the deinterlacing method (intentionally) blurs two fields
> together. I use bob 2x deinterlacing for SD and one field deinterlacing
> for HD.
>
> The only way to get similar output to a PVR is to use the 'no
> deinterlacer' deinterlacer. Although my flat panel doesn't actually
> support 576i PAL (according to EDID) so I can't tell you if this works
> or not.

It works well for me. Best quality I get in terms of sharpness
and fluidity of motions for UK PAL content into a SD CRT TV, is
with no scaling, no deinterlacing, and no TVDeflicker. Using
component out from an EPIA board, it's quite difficult to
distinguish between MythTV and my old Thomson DVR.  Sometimes
the interlaced fields get reversed, which looks terrible, but
pausing a few times always cures that.

Cheers,
	Paul.