[mythtv-users] Kernel Oops when using remote

Erik Mellquist erik.mellquist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 01:58:27 UTC 2008

I am using a XBOX IR receiver through a USB port set up as described in the
MythTV wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XBOX_DVD_IR_Receiver) that
works great about 99% of the time.  If I ever push a button (normally skip
forward or back) too many times in a quick succesion (4 or 5 times within 10
seconds), I hear a short beep from the motherboard speaker and get a kernel
oops message.  Video keeps playing, but the remote stops working and I can't
exit or kill the frontend after this happens.  I can't even restart the
machine without holding down the power button for 5 seconds.

Like I said, the remote responds fine under all other conditions.  I can
hold the buttons down and let video skip forward 20 or 30 times without
problems, but as soon as I start tapping on that button all bets are off.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.