No subject

Wed May 28 23:37:50 UTC 2008

the STB to turn off any outputs that don't have content protection (like the
component outputs).  It sounds to me like the implication is that the
general STB probably already has SOC implemented, but that the FCC does not
allow it to be used.  What the studios want to do is get an exception to
turn on SOC for first-run movies.  Of course once they get that foot in the
door...

-Jerry

------=_Part_15323_28119446.1213024314282

&gt; analog hole. &nbsp;I would assume the HD-PVR would pass on any stream unmodified, thus any copy control<br>
&gt; encoded into the stream would remain intact.<br>
&gt;<br>

------=_Part_15323_28119446.1213024314282--