No subject

Wed May 28 23:37:50 UTC 2008

with the proper drive bays, it supports hot-swapping a failed drive.
I'm still not entirely clear on whether Linux's software RAID does; I've
heard rumors that it does, but I'm kind of afraid to test it, given the
dire warnings in some of the RAID HOWTOs.  Maybe I'll set up a spare
system at work one of these days to test it; I have lots of machines
with hot-swap SAS bays there.  Again, though, hot-swapping probably
isn't a concern for home users because downtime doesn't matter that much
to them.