[mythtv-users] Channel change problem with Plextor ConvertX

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Fri May 30 21:27:22 UTC 2008

I've been having an odd problem since I upgraded to MythTV v.21.  I'm
using a plextor ConvertX usb tuner for my analog TV.  Recordings seem
to work fine however when I'm changing the channel while watching live
TV there is video corruption: the video has the left and right halves
swapped and introduces many digital artifacts.  If I quit out and go
back to live tv the picture looks fine again until I change the
channel again.  Everything used to work fine when I was on MythTV
v.20.

Here are some specs:

Gentoo Linux (updated recently)
mythtv v0.21_p17100
Linux v2.6.16-gentoo-r7
wis-go7007 v0.9.8-r2

One other person on the Gentoo forums seems to see the same problem
but no-one seems to have a solution, any ideas?

Thanks!
Paul